The release date for Australia has been moved up to September 2, meaning that Australian gamers will be able to get their hands on Wallabies Rugby Challenge for both consoles almost a week sooner. The original release date for Wallabies Rugby Challenge was September 8.
Coming hot on the heels of yesterday’s initial Rugby Challenge release date announcement is the news that gamers will be able to get their hands on the game from 2 PM tomorrow in New Zealand. You can find outlets to purchase here.
Rugby Challenge for PC will be available digitally via Steam. You can view the Rugby Challenge page on the Steam Store here.
RUGBY CHALLENGE VIDEOGAME INITIAL RELEASE DATES ANNOUNCED
Available At Retail from 2 September 2011
SYDNEY, Australia – August 24, 2011 – Tru Blu Entertainment announced today Rugby Challenge for PlayStation®3 and Microsoft Xbox 360® would release in New Zealand on 2 September, and Australia and South Africa on 8 September. The game will be marketed in New Zealand as All Blacks Rugby Challenge, Wallabies Rugby Challenge in Australia, and Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge in the rest of the world.
“The anticipation for Rugby Challenge has reached fever pitch, and we are excited to finally announce a release date” said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for Tru Blu Entertainment. “We look forward to delivering the game into the hands of eager fans across all major markets”.
The features and content of Rugby Challenge include:
- Play in Single Match Mode, Competition Mode, and multi year Career Mode as well as extensive help and Tutorial Mode options available for players new to the sport
- 96 teams and 31 stadia featured including official team and competition licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, AU/NZ Super Rugby, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
- Enjoy the game with groups of friends locally, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
- Create or customise players, teams, and competitions using the extensive customisation tools to shape the game to your own preferences and keep the game fresh season after season
- Dynamic presentation delivers a true on-field rugby experience with enhanced replay angles, lifelike cut-scenes, rich sound, and real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentator Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks halfback Justin Marshall
Rugby Challenge, developed by Sidhe, will also be available for the upcoming PS Vita platform at a later date.
SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz”) (AMEX/TSX: MCZ) announced today that it will publish and distribute Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge throughout North America for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, currently anticipated to begin shipping in September 2011.
“We are very excited to bring this popular rugby franchise to North America,” said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. “We are committed to building our software publishing and distribution business and strongly believe that this world class sporting title will be met with a warm reception by passionate gamers across the country.”
The features and content of Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge include:
Developed by leading New Zealand game studio Sidhe®, Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge features 93 teams and 31 stadia including official team and competition licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Tri Nations, Bledisloe Cup, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield. Featuring a wealth of single player modes and online play via the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge offers gamers an unrivalled Xbox 360 rugby experience.
Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge will be available for purchase at leading video game retailers and via the Mad Catz online store: www.gamesharkstore.com. This game is rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB.
We’re pleased to share a look behind the scenes of Rugby Challenge with Jonah Lomu himself, covering the roles he has played in the development of the game and what his input has meant for the team at Sidhe.
Below are some screenshots showing Jonah in-game.
You can visit Jonah’s Facebook page here.
Tru Blu Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo, has posted an update on the Rugby Challenge Official Game’s Facebook page. You can read that here.
Gameplanet came to play Rugby Challenge and chat with us last week, and have written up their findings here.
Yesterday’s episode of the NZ children’s rugby lifestyle show, Small Blacks TV, featured Rugby Challenge, with a visit to the studio and some game-play between Small Blacks Callum McLachlan and Jack Dryden, and All Blacks Piri Weepu and Hosea Gear. You can view the Small Blacks TV episode here. Note: May only be viewed from within New Zealand.